What are the most important wedding venue questions and why do you need to know them?
The wedding site visit can be the most fun and most stressful part of the wedding planning process. You are, of course, looking for the perfect place to get married! It is easy to become overwhelmed during this process.
A simple way to avoid this is to prepare before visiting any wedding venue. Creating a list of must haves for yourself is a great place to start. Once you know exactly what you want out of your wedding venue, you can more easily navigate through all the different types of venues out there.
Regardless of your style preference in wedding venues, there are some questions that everyone must ask while visiting a venue. Below I will share with you the top 9 wedding venue questions you must ask before you sign the contract!
1- What Is Your Availability? – This is the number one, most important of the wedding venue questions you must ask! The site might have the perfect feel and be in the best location, but if the only availability is 5 years from now, you might not want to waste your time!
2- How Much? – A close second, in terms of the most important wedding venue questions, is the price. I know you’ve heard the saying, “if you have to ask, you can’t afford it!” Thats nonsense. ASK! And then, when they give you the price, be sure to ask about any hidden fees for things like using your own vendors and rehearsal dinners.
3- What’s Included In The Price? – Some Venues charge extra for EVERYTHING! Be sure to look for venues that will not mind throwing in tables and linens for free!
4. Is There A Payment Plan? – Most wedding venues will require a down payment up front to secure the venue. If you are like me, you will need a venue that will allow you to enter into a payment plan. Even with a payment plan, however, most venues will require payment in full before the date of the wedding. So make sure you are sticking to your budget!
5. How Many Hours Are Included In The Rental? – The last thing anyone wants on their wedding day is to feel rushed! This is your DAY, not your 4 hours! Stay clear of “wedding mills.” Be sure to look for a venue that will let you enjoy the entire day on site without the hassle of multiple weddings at the same site on the same day. This will give you peace of mind and your vendors will thank you!
6. Will The Room Need To Be Flipped? – When visiting a venue you will want to know if there will be separate spaces for the ceremony and the reception. If there is only one space, then the room will need to be flipped once the ceremony is over. This is the process of transforming the room from chapel to reception hall. If this is not something you want to have to worry about then you should look for a wedding venue that provides a chapel and a reception hall that are separate from each other.
7. Is The Venue Weatherproof? – Are you hoping for an outdoor wedding? Thats great! What will happen if it rains? Be sure to look for a wedding venue that addresses this potential issue by having an indoor space available should weather not permit an outdoor wedding.
8. Are There Comfortable Bride And Groom’s Rooms? – This may not seem like a very important question to you now, but trust me, you will be much happier with having a nice comfortable place to get ready and hang out prior to walking down the aisle. Look for a wedding venue that provides both a brides room and a grooms room for you and your wedding party to prepare in on your special day, in comfort and in style!
9. Is The Venue Accessible? – How easy is it to find the venue? Is it wheel chair accessible? How far away is the parking lot? How easy is it for vendors to load and off-load? Do the vendors have a place to park that will not interfere with guests? Ok so this is a loaded question! However, very important wedding venue questions you will want to ask!